Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Legwear


This Look
Jacket: Target Mossimo (old), similar, similar
Boots: LAUREN by Ralph Lauren riding boots (old via DSW), similar, similar
1st Tights: Target Merona Knit Patterned Tights (old)
3rd Leggings: old via TJ Maxx

I have been getting a few questions from readers about legwear lately, and what are the alternatives to plain black tights. To be honest, I am not sure I have the answer but it was fun to look into! So I had my mom play around with some different legwear options to see how they can make or change an outfit and this is what we have come up with.
Playing around with different patterns, textures and colors is a fun and relatively inexpensive way to switch up your look and go beyond the plain black leg. For a fun change of pace and a little extra warmth, I love grey knit "sweater tights". I have found that grey still looks sophisticated enough to wear with some of my dressier outfits and blends well with most colors.
Another way to switch up your look is by trying different colored opaque tights, you can find just about every color of the rainbow from Target here (or with a control top here).
And lastly, for those of you who are facing harsh winter temperatures and find tights to be a little too light to keep your legs warm (especially my fellow Minnesotans*), try wearing black leggings under you skirts and dresses. You can hardly tell the difference between leggings and tights in the mirror but your legs will thank you for the extra warmth. (Up your warmth with fleece lined leggings!)

What do you think about colored legwear? Would you wear the trend or are you more a classic black gal? How about leggings? Or leg warmers??

GAP: Heathered tights                   HUE grey opaque tights                   Target: Sweater Tights

HUE Opaque Tights                   HUE Patterned Tights                Target: Fleece Lined Tights

HUE Tummy Shaping Legging            Target: Fleece Lined Legging        LOFT: Shapewear Legging


*Special Note: Ok, so I am not exactly a fellow Minnesotan any longer since I traded in the sub zero winters for the more temperate (I'd say average 40 degrees) winters of Boulder, Colorado. But I haven't forgotten how cold it gets and all the tricks I used to stay warm and still be stylish. If it gets really cold, wear fleece lined black leggings over a pair of basic black tights and add wool socks under your riding boots for extra layers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment