Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Statement Necklaces for Everyday


These Looks: See below


I told my mom she needed to purchase a statement necklace because it's one of the latest trends she hasn't tried out yet. When I suggested this she said, okay, I'll get the necklace (we had already picked out because we both liked the color) if you can show me three different outfits to wear it with. Done! I agreed and that brings me here to share with you the many different ways you can wear statement pieces of jewelry; both casually and to dress up.

Think of a statement necklace kind of like you would think of a scarf. I should hope by now you have all seen how many ways my mom likes to wear her scarves. The statement necklace is really no different. Match colors or go with a contrasting look. To try out the look, start by adding a statement necklace when you have a basic outfit without too many frills or details. This way you can try out the trend without worrying that you look will become too "busy".

Check out these links to some of my favorite sites for browsing statement jewelry:


...and for a much cheaper options and a good place to start out:


Look 1
Tank: Target Mossimo layering tank
Jacket: Target Mossimo cropped blazer (old), similar, similar
Necklace: Francesca's (blue color sold out)

Look 2
Sweater: LOFT (old) similar, similar
Necklace: Francesca's (blue color sold out)

Look 3:
Dress: Target Merona (old), similar, similar
Shoes: Nine West Izabel Pumps (old), similar, similar
Necklace: Francesca's (blue color sold out)


No comments:

Post a Comment