Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Pleated Skirt

This Look
Tights: LOFT Tights

To go along with the school girl style in my last post, I came up with this outfit for my mom's new pleated skirt. The "old school" look of the school-uniform type skirt is perfectly matched with a modern fitted sweater.

So you can see, pleats are fun! A pleated skirt adds volume and texture to your outfit and pairing one with a fitted top makes a great outfit. (Just don't go too far and do the button down/sweater layering on top, you might be mistaken for a student!) This outfit works well with tights and flats, but you can always take it up a notch and wear booties with your pleats for an extra modern edge. Whether you want to go full pleats like my mom's skirt above or just a single pleat, take a look below to see some of the fun pleated skirt options I have found.

Bonus* Will somebody please tell me what a "Schoolmarm" is??? This is what my mom keeps playfully referring to herself in this outfit as. While I know that term is way old school (dating yourself Mom?) this outfit certainly is not!

Talbots: Textured Satin Skirt             LOFT: Knit Pleated Skirt          Target: Mossimo Pleated Skirt

LOFT: Pleat Front Boot Skirt         Anthropologie: Ponte Bell Skirt      Talbots: Checkered Pleated Skirt

      WHBM Taffeta Skirt     Land's End: Gatsby Colorblocked Skirt  LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Pleated Skirt

No comments:

Post a Comment