Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Dress Down Your Fancy Blouse

This Look
Blouse: Target Black and White Ruffle Tank (old), similar, similar
Pants: The Limited skinny jeans (old), similar, similar
Boots: LAUREN by Ralph Lauren riding boots (DSW in stores), similar, similar

When I told my mom to pair this fancy blouse with jeans, she was surprised and a bit skeptical. Once I had the whole outfit put together she loved it and said she would never have come up with this on her own.

That is how I know this is a good post. I hope to show you new ideas about how to wear pieces you may already have in your closet. For one, this blouse is sleeveless. My mom has her closet organized in a way where the sleeveless shirts and dresses are all kept together in an area she rarely looks through during the winter months. This seems like an obvious and practical way to organize one's closet, however, I urge you to take a look at your "summer clothes" year-round. You can always layer, add a sweater or an undershirt to make pieces functional for year-round wear. Secondly, my mom tends to think of clothing as fitting into specific categories such as "casual" and "work" clothes. This makes sense, but don't be afraid to experiment across categories, you could be missing out on some great outfit options like the one shown above. For more fancy blouse options to pair with jeans or office attire, see what I have found below.


Ann Taylor: Dot Print Bow Tie       Target: Mossimo Front Placket Top         Talbots: Ruffle Crepe Top
Jones NY Collection Abby Pleat Neck   The Limited: Velvet Flocked Shell   WHBM: Dotted Chiffon Blouse

Ann Taylor: Preppy Peplum            Anne Klein Colorblock Tank          LOFT: Ruffle Bubble Hem Shell


No comments:

Post a Comment